University is an amazing stage in one’s life. It is at that stage where young people are optimistic and driven to do all it takes for them to achieve their dreams. It is regarded as milestone in one’s life. Year after year young ambitious people enter the college gates optimistic and enthusiastic to learn new things and broaden their horizon.
University is where new friendship bonds are developed, where the lucky ones find their soul mates or sweethearts (I was not lucky). Young people go on to achieve major accomplishments in various sport codes, while others become leaders and represent the voice of the voice less. Many perceive the university years as a time to have fun, party hard while studying hard too.
Well University years can also be tough and daunting. It is a stage where many young people learn to be independent, self-disciplined and learn how to make the right choices. The high school days where teachers pushed learners to do homework’s, attend classes and to behave are over. In college you have to sacrifice sleeping in order to attend that early morning Statistics class. It is where you have to stretch the bucks to be able to cover monthly transport fares or lunch money. It is where the cost of textbooks slap you straight in your face with no shame and not to forget the cost of printing lecture notes.
Yes University can be a challenge and it is no joke when we see so many young people dropping out of college with shattered dreams.
Well, forget about all the above troubles, because I have some hacks that will help make university enjoyable and memorable.
1. Buy second hand textbooks: Oh yes why go to the expensive book shop to buy a textbook when your senior has a secondhand one for half the price.
2. Learn to make passive income: If you got the brains and got no money there is one thing if not two to do. You could do the Statistics assignment that is challenging most of the students in your class. You could offer to do the solutions with them in exchange for a fee.
3. Hungry and got no lunch money: Look out for workshops and seminars taking place on campus. There is always food served afterwards and trust me the food can be top notch compared to the Cafeteria servings.
4. Out of toilet paper?: Do not even worry about that. You could use the bathrooms on campus. I mean it’s a way to save some money until you go out to the shopping center.
5. Join as many student clubs as possible: When you are in the student society’s you will be exposed to many opportunities. Some of the opportunities include: The opportunity to travel on the university’s expense and you will be invited to events around town as a member of a student club.
6. Take advantage of the student discounts: There are so many discounted offers for students, be it shopping discounts, transportation, cafeteria discounts, discounts on college fees when you pay within a given time frame. Trust me you can save a lot in with student discounts.
7. Make as many friends as possible: The more friends you have the more the chances of being invited to student parties.
8. Find a side job: find a mini job which you can do when you are not busy with school work. It could be work at you favorite café, bar or pizzeria. Not only will you earn extra income but you will get opportunities to eat for free.
Enjoy the University years, take as much risk as possible. Find a hack to survive college life.
What are some of the hacks you used during University years? Comment below and let’s connect.